Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Becoming a Gym Warrior???

Cue the 80's song, "I Am A Warrior"...in fact I think it is on my MP3 player. Regardless, I am going to the gym very regularly. More so than I have been in a long time. That happens when my trainer says I need to do 4 days of weights and 5 days of cardio. That means lots of gym time. But what is weird...I realized last night that I am actually enjoying myself. Hmmm....a good time a the gym????? I think my body has been taken over.

This past week I started adding in free weights rather that just the circuit machines. I learned a couple things this week. Free weights are DEFINITELY more difficult. They make my stomach and everything a little sore afterwords. My sister and brother-in-law explained that this is due to the fact that you need to stabilize with your core muscles while doing free weights. (See I AM becoming a gym warrior...I know all of these fancy words!!!) The other thing I learned is that men while doing said weights are quite funny. They all try to show each other up and walk around with their arms out at their side and their chest out and up. It is actually quite entertaining. At first I was very intimidated by them and did not want to work out in that area. I decided I would just do my thing and get out of their way. Then I realized no matter what they look like they can be just as insecure as me. And guess what....they don't bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment